[SaneVax: December 20, 2012, at least 40 of the 500 African children injected with a new meningitis vaccine, MenAfrivac are now paralyzed. A vaccination program conducted in the name of public health has turned into a nightmare for parents in Chad. This nightmare was organized and/or paid for by the following organizations: The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF). What is wrong with this picture?]
Video Footage Shows Prime Minister Visits Paralyzed Children, Powerful Groups Involved in Vaccine Campaign
By Christina England
The details of a vaccine campaign disaster that occurred last month in a north African country continue to unfold, while headlines of this tragedy are strangely absent from news organizations around the world. VacTruth shared the story last week with the world in an exclusive report, and we have additional updates to share with you about the plight these families are now facing.
On January 6, 2013, I wrote an article entitled Minimum of 40 Children Paralyzed After New Meningitis Vaccine describing how at least 40 children in Gouro, Chad, located in northern Africa, became paralyzed after they had received the meningitis A vaccine, MenAfrivac. 
Further research about the Meningitis Vaccine Project shows the effort was a massive collaboration among major organizations. The vaccine, developed by the India Serum Institute, was funded by The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, in partnership with WHO and PATH, specifically to combat meningitis in Africa. We wonder why none of these groups are offering a statement about this devastating event.
On January 8, 2013, Mr. M., who wishes to remain anonymous, managed to leak television footage from the local television station TeleTchad, showing the Prime Minister of Chad, Emmanuel Nadingar, making an impromptu visit to one of two hospitals accommodating the sick children in hopes of reassuring parents and children. 
On January 9, 2013, a full-page article was published by La Voix, entitled The Fate of the Paralyzed Children is Worrying. La Voix, a print-only publication, reported that one parent, speaking from the bedside of her sick son, told reporters that some time after receiving the vaccination, three of the children became ill and their health became increasingly disturbing.
Another citizen told the newspaper,
“It took three to four people just to stabilize the children. Panicked by the turn of events, the team took to their heels.”
On January 10, 2013, an article was published by the Journal Du Chad titled Chad: A Vaccine Against Meningitis Caused Casualties, reporting that fifty children aged between 1 and 29 years were admitted to two hospitals, the Hospital of the Mother and Child and the General Hospital National Reference. 
Read the entire article, with video footage, here.