[SaneVax; The following letter was sent to our team for publication from friends in Denmark who are protesting the use of HPV vaccines in their country. Please take the time to read it thoroughly – Denmark is not the only country where these same concerns are valid.]
This is an open letter, which will be sent to the Danish Parliament, the Danish Health Authorities, the Danish press and the international press in USA, England, France, Spain, India and Japan, medical magazines and Facebook.
The HPV vaccine was introduced in the USA in 2006 and since then introduced in a lot of countries in the world. Slowly there has been a recognition, that the HPV vaccine is very poisoning and have the adverse events the manufacturer Merck is mentioning in the SPC. The adverse events frequency is about 3%, which Merck has to state to the consumers to avoid expensive fines.
The Danish Health and Medicines Authority have only informed about few adverse events to the Danish citizens and the Danish doctors.
India have prohibited the vaccine because of 7 deaths in the clinical studies, before the vaccine was introduced in India. Subsequent there have been planned an Indian trial against Merck starting 12th August 2014. It is not the first time Merck have been accused. Merck have several judgments and have paid fines in billions.
Japan has cancelled the vaccine, until it is proved safe. In Spain the first trial of several have been planned to help the HPV vaccine injured. In France they discuss freely for or against the HPV vaccine. English vaccine victims have discussed HPV vaccine injuries in the Parliament. In Denmark we got aware of the HPV-vaccine injuries in the spring in 2013. This led to attempt to stop the vaccination, this has still not been managed, because The Danish Health and Medicines Authority have chosen to ignore the HPV criticism.
As a consequence of the missing diagnosis and missing treatment the young people, who have been damaged by the HPV vaccine, have been absent from school in days, weeks, months and years. Lots of them can no longer attend a normal education. Lots of the elder girls falls completely out of the labor market and do not get any money for their daily living, because they cannot get cash benefit or sickness benefit because they do not have a diagnose.
Lots of families’ experience, that parents to the HPV vaccine damaged youngsters succumb to the pressure and are on sick leave, loses their jobs and friends. It is a huge load as parents and siblings to experience, that a young and healthy youngster decomposes to just being able to manage few basic needs. Young women lose their jobs and the ability to take care of just simple activities associated with a normal life as a young mother and a female.
The HPV vaccine draws a broad and sinister trail of ruined youth, disability and broken families. The affected families have been months and years in the Danish Health System without any help. They have been countless examinations and admissions, without any result. The Danish doctors are not skilled enough to diagnose HPV vaccine injuries. Studies in other countries have shown clear signs of serious diseases such as meningitis, damaged central nervous system, severe vitamin deficiencies, heavy metal poisoning, allergies and reduced immune systems.
There have been the following activities in Denmark over the past year:
• The Danish Health and Medicines Authority and the Ministry of Health has received numerous inquiries
from HPV vaccine damaged young people and their parents
• an audience with the Health Committee in the Parliament
• 77 HPV vaccine damaged young people’s medical history was sent to the Minister of Health and the Health Committee in the Danish Parliament
• Open consultation with the Minister of Health and the Health Committee • Closed consultations with the Minister of Health and the Health Committee in the Danish Parliament
• SATS pool funds of 200.000 kr. To information about serious adverse events of the HPV vaccine
• The Danish Regions seeking out knowledge about HPV vaccine injuries
• The Danish Health and Medicines Authority have asked the European Medicines Agency (EMA) to examine the relationship between HPV vaccine and the serious and debilitating disease POTS (Post Ural Tachyadia Syndrome)
• Meeting with the Ministry of Health, The Danish Health and Medicines Authority, The Danish Regions and HPV- Update
• The Danish Health and Medicines Authority has changed the announcement of the HPV vaccine from that it is a safe vaccine, to that the benefits are estimated to exceed the disadvantages.
• The Danish Health and Medicines Authority estimates that widespread reports is due to publicity. The reason is that citizens are informed about their symptoms, which exactly corresponds to the known damage after HPV vaccine.
• The HPV vaccine injured and their practitioners report many serious injuries, for example, damage to the nervous system, debilitating headaches, cramps and excruciating pain
• The Danish Health and Medicines Authority inform physicians “that there are no serious adverse events that must be disclosed”
• EMA ask the manufacturer of the HPV vaccine about the relationship between the debilitating and life-threatening diseases, encephalitis and inflammation in the central nervous system (The Danish Health and Medicines Authority reports on this damage for the first time in 2009)
• 1.271 people have reported what The Danish Health and Medicines Authority calls the “Central Nervous System”
• The Medical Association says: ” The Danish Health and Medicines Authority have to be independent of the pharmaceutical industry”
There have been following international activities for the past year:
• Known HPV vaccine deaths of at least 168 in the United States. The Danish Health and Medicines Authority is apparently not aware of the many deaths that followed in the wake of the HPV vaccine.
• In the United States, the number of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) cases increased by 8.100%
• The state UTAH has chosen to drop vaccination with HPV
• India has decided not to start with the HPV vaccination, as they seven deaths in the clinical trials
• Japan has suspended HPV vaccination
• In France 1.200 health professionals have signed that they will no longer be vaccinating with the HPV vaccine
• The French authorities are currently investigating the HPV vaccine closer
• In France the manufacturer of the HPV vaccine threatens to withdraw its production out of the country if aluminum in vaccines is prohibited
• Doctors at La Reunion (French island in the Indian Ocean) has asked the French Parliament for a commission to investigate the HPV vaccine efficacy, damages and stop the vaccination until the result is available
• France and Spain have started legal action against the manufacturer
• One of the manufacturers of HPV vaccines have presented a new study that shows the HPV vaccine decreases the immune system’s own ability to fight viruses
The Danish and foreign activities above opens questions about the HPV vaccines efficacy and safety. Despite the above serious problems, Merck has not removed the vaccine from the market and The Danish Health and Medicines Authority have remained inactive and failed to respond vigilant because they refuse to remove the vaccine from the market or willing to recognize vaccine injuries. This seems very unethical to us.
The Danish Health and Medicines Authority has repeatedly stated that the case is closely monitored. This is contrary to the truth. If The Danish Health and Medicines Authority followed the case closely, they had sent an update to the doctors at least once a month. There has not sent one single information to doctors about the many serious injuries, on the contrary, The Danish Health and Medicines Authority keeps on promoting the vaccine.
The only available patient material held by general practitioners, is developed by the manufacturer. We find it inappropriate that there is no official materials from The Danish Health and Medicines Authority about the efficacy, safety and the ability to report adverse events, as it would support The Danish Health and Medicines Authority’s statement that they follow the case closely.
The graph below shows that the HPV vaccine in 2013 have a 10 fold higher rate of adverse events than the MMR vaccine in the childhood immunization program.
(Be aware that the HPV vaccine is only given to girls, therefore the adverse events are actually 10 times higher). The green is serious reports. The blue is not serious reports.
Figure 1. Top 5 of the most common reports of vaccines with the number of adverse events received in 2013. Reported HPV adverse events on 28th April 2014: 4502. It is 80 fold more adverse events than the MMR vaccine.
The Danish Health and Medicines Authority is stating:
“We received most reports concerning the HPV vaccine. During 2013, we received a total of 511 reports relating to this vaccine. The number of reports is related to the number of vaccinated. In 2013 there were handed about 488.000 doses of vaccine. When the vaccine is administered three times to achieve full protection against HPV, equivalent to around 162.000 have been vaccinated against HPV in 2013”
Based on The Danish Health and Medicines Authorities own figures, the following results appears:
- People with adverse events following HPV vaccine in 2013 – 511
- Adverse events per. 100.000 HPV vaccinated – 315
- Lifetime risk per. 100.000 to die of cervical cancer – 1.9
- Factual adverse events 1st May 2014 per 100.000 HPV vaccinated – 847
So there are at present 445 times greater risk of being killed or seriously injured by the HPV vaccine than to die of cervical cancer.
Thousands of girls have been in The Danish Health System in two, three, even up to six years without diagnosis and treatment.
The Danish Health and Medicines Authority and The Danish Regions have no treatment for the HPV vaccine injured. The Danish Minister of Health says: “Today, people who experience vaccine injuries get help through specialized services in the regions”, no girls can ascertain how this works in practice. Has The Danish Minister of Health been misinformed?
The Danish Health and Medicines Authority Health has not yet taken the initiative to solve the HPV scandal, despite the announcement of that The Regions need assistance in December 2013.
The vaccine should be stopped now, so we do not get further damaged youngsters. From a social point of view, we cannot afford the cost of continuing to vaccinate.
Young girls have been examined, diagnosed and treated abroad. It has changed their lives from being partially paralyzed, experience chronic pain, unable to fit school, to have a life and return to school after years of absence. We expect that The Danish Health and Medicines Authority and the Danish Regions introduce the foreign expositions, diagnosis and treatment in Denmark, were the youngsters have not even been offered any kind of examination or treatment.
It is The Regions task to trace, identify, diagnose and treat HPV vaccine injured.
Finally, we ask competent researchers, doctors and politicians who can and dare to take responsibility for stopping the vaccine, track the HPV vaccine injured, clean up, diagnose and treat the HPV vaccine injured.
Stig Gerdes, General practitioner
The steering committee behind HPV Update:
Maja Haahr, HPV vaccine damaged
Trine W. Larsen, Parent to a HPV vaccine damaged girl
Mette Kenfelt, Parent to a HPV vaccine damaged girl
Annemarie Thorsen, Parent to a HPV vaccine damaged girl
Karsten Viborg, Parent to a HPV vaccine damaged girl
Karsten Bækgaard, Parent to a HPV vaccine damaged girl