Posted By: Laura Casella firstname.lastname@example.org · 1/31/2012 12:58:00 PM
Linda Morin says while she approved of her 14-year-old daughter Annabelle getting the vaccine, she didn’t know when she’d receive it.
So when Annabelle was rushed to the hospital one night for constant vomiting and a loss of memory, Morin says she didn’t know it was just days following a first dose of Gardasil.
Doctors also couldn’t make the link and diagnosed it as a simple migraine.
Annabelle then went on to get a second dose of the vaccine and a few days after that in December 2008, was found dead in the bathtub.
“I was shocked. I didn’t know what to do,” Morin says.
The family is now seeking $197 000 in damages from Merck Frosst, which markets the vaccine, and from three doctors who treated Annabelle after her first dose.
Merck Frosst refused comment when contacted by CJAD news.