Child Health Safety
The following powerful rebuttal of British Medical Journal allegations that Dr Andrew Wakefield falsified research in a paper published in The Lancet Medical journal in 1998 was issued by the US National Autism Association in a news release exclusively for the UK media.
The BMJ claim results were faked so Dr Wakefield could suggest a link between vaccines, autistic conditions and bowel disease in children
NAA argue that if the results were faked how is it that now:-
- US Government health officials have admitted vaccines [and not just the MMR vaccine] cause autistic conditions;
- the US Federal Court has order substantial compensation for children whose autistic conditions were caused by vaccines;
- papers published independently in mainstream leading medical journals confirm, just as Dr Wakefield found in 1998, that autistic children suffer serious bowel disease when their non autistic contemporaries do not.
NEWS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – REBUTTAL
January 5th 2011 – Nixa, Missouri USA/ British Medical Journal claims to be published Friday 6th January 2011 that the suggestion of a possible link between vaccines, bowel conditions and autistic conditions in children was “an elaborate fraud” are directly contradicted by:-
public statements by officials of US Federal Agencies made on US national news broadcast television that vaccines in general [ie not just the MMR vaccine] can cause autistic conditions;
- by a line of recent mainstream research papers showing that
- instead of being rare as claimed by government health officials autistic children are more likely to have mitochondrial dysfunctions which can lead to autistic conditions following vaccination
and by the latest medical research [including Jan 2010 Pediatrics] and by a substantial body of prior peer reviewed papers showing that autistic children have substantially higher rates of bowel disease than other children
this published medical evidence confirms the early report in The Lancet medical journal in 1998 by a 13 strong team of medical experts from the internationally renowned Royal Free Hospital London.
- by three US Federal court decisions Poling, Zeller and Banks that vaccines have been proven to have caused autistic conditions:- <
- <[NB These are in addition to 1322 cases of serious brain injuries and medical conditions caused by vaccines which the US HRSA admits compensating. It is troubling that children susceptible to serious vaccine injury are not being screened out of the vaccine programmes and nothing is being done to save such children.]
Wendy Fournier of the US National Autism Association said:
“Despite mounting scientific evidence worldwide confirming the presence of serious bowel disease in some children diagnosed with autism and evidence of a causal association with vaccines, health officials and medical professionals internationally continue to spin, deny and suppress the evidence,” said NAA president Wendy Fournier. ”This latest attack by the UK medical profession through a journalist, who apparently has no source of income besides stories about Andrew Wakefield, is a continuing denial and failure to investigate either the contrary evidence that exists or the clinical histories of millions of children currently diagnosed with autism worldwide.”
One in 64 British children and one in 110 children in the US are now diagnosed with autism. ”Increasing rates of autism in children are out of control,” commented Ms. Fournier. ”Despite this pandemic, health officials and medical professionals continue to bury their heads in the sand while children and families suffer. The link between vaccines and the development of autism in susceptible individuals is not going away, because the children are not going away.”